Optilase Laser Eye Surgery
Optilase is the largest Irish owned laser eye clinic with 9 surgeries spanning across the country. They offer a Lifetime Care Guarantee with their procedures, and using world leading surgeons and the safest, up to date technology, have performed over 40,000 procedures to date.
Covering the whole of the country, Optilase provide laser eye surgery at the following clinics:
To fit in around patients' lifestyles most clinics are open 7 days a week.
What Services Do They Provide?
- LASIK (Laser Assisted In-Situ Keratomileusis) is a refractive procedure most commonly used for myopia, hyperopia and astigmatisms. Initially the surgeon uses anaesthetic drops applied to the cornea thus numbing the eye. Next a corneal flap is created using IntraLase technology - the procedure used in LASIK surgery to remove the surface layer of the cornea without the need for a microkeratome blade incision. Ensuring quicker recovery from surgery, the IntraLase pulses tiny laser lights and forms a layer of microscopic bubbles under the surface of the eye. The underlying cornea is then reshaped according to prescription. Finally the flap is replaced and the eye is left to heal. Drops will need to be administered regularly to aid the healing process.
- PRK (Photorefractive Keratectomy) is generally used as a corrective procedure if you are not suited to LASIK surgery, for example due to a thin cornea or large pupils. Anaesthetic drops are administered by the surgeon, the surface of the eye is then softened by an ethanol solution and the surface layer of the cornea is gently moved aside. Next the surgeon applies the laser to reshape the cornea according the prescription. Finally a bandage contact lens is inserted over the cornea to protect and assist healing from the procedure.
- Custom WaveFront is used to correct vision within each personal prescription. The eye is scanned and creates a map of the flow of light through the eye showing natural imperfections alongside any prescriptive needs.
- Presbia Reading Vision Solution uses a microlens to help correct presbyopia (an age related sight problem). The surgeon creates a pocket in the cornea and a microlens is inserted. The pocket seals itself encompassing the lens at the centre of the visual axis.
- KAMRA Reading Vision Solution is also used for presbyopia prescriptions. The KAMRA is a tiny ring which rests under the surface of the cornea over the pupil. The KAMRA inlay works by restricting and narrowing the amount of light that enters the eye.
We'll help you find quality laser eye surgeryCompare Prices
Optilase uses world class surgeons to perform procedures. These include:
Mr Wayne Crewe Brown, MB ChB MMed, has worked in laser eye surgery for 20 years and is Optilase's Medical Director and Consultant Ophthalmic Surgeon. He has carried out over 25,000 procedures including LASIK, PRK, WaveFront guided treatments and Refractive Lens surgery. He was also one of the earliest users of IntraLase, now having completed over 5,000 procedures.
Mr Brown regularly lectures and is a delegate at national and international seminars and is a member of world renowned ophthalmic councils and societies.
Dr Eamonn Hynes, BA MB BS FRCSI (Ophthal), is another Consultant Ophthalmic Surgeon at Optilase and also has over 20 years experience. He has carried out over 12,000 laser eye procedures since graduating from Cambridge and London Universities in 1980. He specialises in refractive surgery for short sightedness and has presented his work at relevant annual meetings, seminars and conferences.
Dr Hynes continues to research refractive surgery and development of the corneal flap laser technique. He is also a registered member of British and European medical councils relating to ophthalmics.
What To Expect
All of Optilase's prices include:
- An initial consultation with the patient's optometrist and surgeon
- A Lifetime Care Guarantee ensuring any further treatments for regression of procedures are carried out for free.
- Best Price Guarantee
- An aftercare programme
- Standard treatments cost from 795 Euros per eye.
- WaveFront PRK from 1,295 Euros per eye.
- WaveFront IntraLase from 1,495 Euros per eye.
- Kamra and Presbia procedures from 2,990 Euros.
Prices will increase according to prescription requirements and a full quotation will be given after the initial consultation.